[TYPO3-core] RFC #9474: Integrate OpenID authentication support to TYPO3

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Thu Oct 30 17:34:08 CET 2008

ries van Twisk wrote:

Ries,

>  From what I read is the google in M$ doesn't accept OpenID accounts
> created
> by other providers and only created by them selves, which is something
> that OpenID was not created for... Is that true??
>
> If so, why would google and MS then support OpenID, I still cannot login
> to there account (google) if I wanted to.
>
> We as a community should not accept that if it's true!!!

they're just OpenID providers... there's nothing bad about it, afterall
you can't force them. I guess you don't wnat to be forced about anything
either, right?
Anyways, this is not the list for such discussions! PLease send your
feedback about this to Google, that'll make them recognize it more than
writing about it here.

thanks
Ingo

--