[TYPO3-core] RFC: #9591: Integrate sys_actions into toolbar

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Mon Oct 20 21:59:15 CEST 2008

Benjamin Mack wrote: on 19.10.2008 23:26:

> Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
>> Btw, this is UI change, so it can be committed only if you get
>> approval from Jens.
> Sorry, this is wrong.
>
> The HCI approval process works like this:
>  * Somebody (anybody!) comes up with a good idea, be it a mockup, a HTML
> mockup or a code ready-to-go.
>  * The HCI *team* decides (I think right now through the forge-BT with
> two +1s by HCI members, the list is on forge as well)
>  * Somebody (maybe completely different) implements the feature visually
> exactly like the mockup and sends it to the core list, with a link to
> the forge BT with the approved discussion).
>  * The Core List takes care of the implementation / code issues.
>
> Hope this clarifies the situation a bit.

I recall our conclusion exactly like Benni said.

We only create the "code" (and the patch to the core list) after the
usability change has been approved by the HCI *team* (through the list
or whatever "method" they agree upon). I can imagine that the team won't
reject something "approved by Jens", but this is an internal matter for
the HCI folks to decide.

Only after the HCI team clearly decides to go for a change, some
developer might propose the patch to the core, refering to the approval
from HCI-team, in which case the core team (and the reviewers) won't
discuss the usefulness again.

With "clearly decided" I would love to be able to follow the decision
making in a public forum! We cannot follow that if the team doesn't make
use of their lists. Statements like "we discussed it on Skype" or "I
showed it to Jens and he think its ok" is not very public in my eyes.

Cheers,
Ernesto