[TYPO3-core] RFC: #9591: Integrate sys_actions into toolbar

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Sun Oct 19 15:19:40 CEST 2008

Dmitry Dulepov wrote:

Hey Dmitry,

> Why should they? It does not make sense and only makes interface more
> crowded. This is exactly "do because we can" thing. We already have
> enough icons there.

it really isn't the way you think it is. In fact someone at the T3CON
talked to me about how much he loves the new toolbar in 4.2 and how much
more he'd love to have this menu up there.
Only after that and after remembering the sys_actions extension myself I
found it very usefull, too.

Think about the following: You have an editor that needs to create news
in different categories, the categories are determined through the sys
folder the news is created in. Now what's the easiest way for him to do
it? Just call this action and you're in the news creation form without
even having to think about into which folder the news needs to go...

Another one: You have an SQL query that you execute on a regular basis
to get some kind of report: Just call the action and see the results in
a table...

And after all as Steffen already said: It'll only be there if the
extension is installed...

best
Ingo

--