[TYPO3-core] RFC: #9591: Integrate sys_actions into toolbar

Oliver Hader oliver at typo3.org
Mon Oct 20 17:13:50 CEST 2008

Hi everybody,

Michael Stucki schrieb:
> Hi Dmitry,
>
>>> The HCI approval process works like this:
>>>  * Somebody (anybody!) comes up with a good idea, be it a mockup, a
>>> HTML mockup or a code ready-to-go.
>>>  * The HCI *team* decides (I think right now through the forge-BT with
>>> two +1s by HCI members, the list is on forge as well)
>>>  * Somebody (maybe completely different) implements the feature
>>> visually exactly like the mockup and sends it to the core list, with a
>>> link to the forge BT with the approved discussion).
>>>  * The Core List takes care of the implementation / code issues.
>>>
>>> Hope this clarifies the situation a bit.
>> Benny, do you remember the decision core team made at T3DD08? It was
>> that Jens approves the changes. So you are wrong, not me.
>
> The agreement was that the HCI *team* approves the changes. It was
> always my precondition that there is a team deciding on UI changes
> instead of a single person.

Exactly... requests first go to the HCI news list and can be triaged
there. If a request makes sense, it's added on forge and has to get
three positive votes.

The coding of the interface design changes are not done by the HCI team
in general. See the HCI rules here:
http://forge.typo3.org/wiki/hci/Rules

> Anyway, it doesn't help a lot to continue this discussion here. I will
> get in touch with Jens to see how things are going...

Okay, the interaction with the HCI team should be added to our own rules
(if it's not already there). However, nobody contacted the HCI team
concerning these minor changes.

But I guess, that this discussion is not about usability or design
questions but more about personal preferences and dislikes.

Everybody is allowed to hand in his/her general concerns as discussion
on the HCI list - for this RFC the question could be "what should happen
if there are 20 or more elements in a toolbar item?" attached with a
nice screenshot of how ugly or nice this looks...

olly
--
Oliver Hader
TYPO3 4.3 Release Manager