[TYPO3-core] RFC #9474: Integrate OpenID authentication support to TYPO3

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Mon Oct 20 11:16:37 CEST 2008

Xavier Perseguers wrote:

Xavier,

> Just to mention that unlike another (big) patch that eventually went to
> trunk (or didn't it finally?), this OpenID patch was throughout tested
> (by myself) and it really works now. It is fully functional and it
> really would be a pity that such a good feature would be kept here
> forever. Please Ingo give your initial +1

No really, why should I? Just because you want me to, although I'm not
satisfied with the patch yet?
That's why we have the review process, to keep the quality of the core
code high or to even improve it.
I'm rather horrified that someone wants to make me give a +1 on
something that I can't yet - did you even think about what you wrote?

> There are many other patches pending in this list that fix troubles and
> that are not discussed because of the lack of time, please focus on
> higher valuable stuff. There's many bugs but a great community which
> proactively send bug fixes. Core members should reward them by applying
> them patches (or slightly modified if needed) ASAP.

sure, but only if they're good enough!

Ingo

--
Ingo Renner