[TYPO3-core] RFC #9400: Integrate jb_status_code in the TYPO3 core

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Mon Oct 13 18:35:45 CEST 2008

Dmitry Dulepov wrote: on 13.10.2008 18:29:

> Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] wrote:
>> - keep the old style CGL, as the rest of the file. I wouldn't mix
>> features and style-changes in one Changeset
>
> Not possible. All new commits come with new CGL. This is what we decided
> already and we follow this in every commit.

Ok, although I find it ugly. This distracts when reading a Changeset and
trying to follow the *real* changes. :( Can you please point to the
place where we agreed to work like that?

Maybe we agreed to split up "cleanup" from "functional" changes in two
different Changesets?

>> - keep "explode" (as we don't need the trimExplode "features")
>
> We use TYPO3 functions when possible. trimExplode is necessary here
> because no one guaranties  that there will be no space.

There can be no space, because it is hostname:port that we are
splitting. The protocol doesn't allow any "spaces". It there is a space,
it is a bug in Apache or the Webserver who passed it wrongly to PHP.

>> - keep "strtolower", as it has always been like that and it might break
>> something if we remove it, because it will be used in the MySQL
>> comparision. There might be MySQL versions which return false on
>> "domAin" = "domain". Domain has always been ASCII only, there is no
>> puny-code handling in sys_domain (yet). So no problem keeping that.

> We have evaluation, which makes domains lower case.

I would not put my hand in the fire that we don't have domainName in
TYPO3 installations with mixed case, which were maybe inserted into
MySQL directly? You are right "shame on them" and "let them rot in
hell", but this is the same old backwards compatibility story as always.
Or not?

>> Dmitry, you said you would commit. Will you, or should I?
>
> I think this patch waits for something, doesn't it?

I don't think so. It works great for me, thus my +1 (even tested).

And combined with your proposal from 27.9. "I may find time next week to
test&commit it after doing small formatting changes."

I assume that is also a +1 on your side. So what do you think is missing?

Cheers,
Ernesto