[TYPO3-core] RFC #9682: Feature: Workspace should use DB mount of BE user/group

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Tue Nov 18 09:29:41 CET 2008

Jonas Dübi schrieb:
> Hi Masi
>
> Imagine you have this tree:
>
> - Start
> --- Company
> ----- History
> ----- ...
> --- Products
> ----- Blenders
> ----- ...
> --- Partners
>

> You have those users, which should work with that db mounts:
> (they must not see any other page trees)
>
> Maria: History, Partners
> Peter: Blenders, Company
> James: Start
>
> There has to be one Workspace for all users (James is Owner and
> Reviewer, others are members).
>
> Now configure it the way, that the see only their page mounts in the
> custom WS and in Live!

??!? I'm sure that if I set Start as the mount for the WS exactly that
happens what you want. In live naturally the mounts of the users are
shown. And in the WS only those user mounts are shown that are within
the WS mount.

> It's not possible with the current System, please believe me, this
> change is necessary.

I don't believe you because I have used such setups.

> We wan't to extend and improve the WS in several ways, and we wan't to
> do it clean with documentation and patches.

Good!

>If you block this first
> patch,

I have not given any rating yet. I have only doubted that it is
necessary at all. What really troubles me with mounts and WS is are the
filemaounts, because they don't work like Db mounts.

> we really have to think about taking the effort to get the future
> improvements into the core (custom stages, custom messaging, more
> workflow options, easy WS support for Frontend Plugins).

You shouldn't be discouraged by my comments. I'm not the only (Core)
developer who can give you a +1.

Masi