[TYPO3-core] RFC #9682: Feature: Workspace should use DB mount of BE user/group

Jonas Dübi admin at commandline.ch
Tue Nov 18 09:21:41 CET 2008

Hi Masi

Imagine you have this tree:

- Start
--- Company
----- History
----- ...
--- Products
----- Blenders
----- ...
--- Partners

You have those users, which should work with that db mounts:
(they must not see any other page trees)

Maria: History, Partners
Peter: Blenders, Company
James: Start

There has to be one Workspace for all users (James is Owner and
Reviewer, others are members).

Now configure it the way, that the see only their page mounts in the
custom WS and in Live!

It's not possible with the current System, please believe me, this
change is necessary.

We wan't to extend and improve the WS in several ways, and we wan't to
do it clean with documentation and patches. If you block this first
patch, we really have to think about taking the effort to get the future
improvements into the core (custom stages, custom messaging, more
workflow options, easy WS support for Frontend Plugins).

Best Regards,
Jonas