[TYPO3-core] RFC bug #9117: t3lib_parsehtml_proc removes attributes "lang" and "title" of SPAN tags

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Mon Nov 3 09:50:34 CET 2008

Steffen Kamper schrieb:
> Hi Stan,
> Stanislas Rolland schrieb:
>> In this case, I would rather remove most of the procedure as the same
>> cleaning may be achieved by configuring entryHTMLparser_db or
>> entryHTMLparser_rte.
>>

> that make sense to me.
>
> Looking to the usage of htmlparser_proc i only see something in tcemain
> and transferdata, they use function evalWriteFile. It seems to be used
> from rte only. So the question, makes sense to remove them completely
> and put it in rte? Then move the evalWriteFile to parsehtml?
>
> Maybe it sounds radical but the class seems to be a relict when old rte
> was integrated in core.

It contains mostly the code used to process the TYPOTAGs (LINK,
TYPOLIST, etc). You may move some of the functionality, but you cannot
remove it.

Anyway, you'll run into the problem of compatibility again. Stanislas
has done a great job in sanitising the config options for the RTE
(htmlarea only), but there is still the cruft of the API which cannot be
changed.

Masi