[TYPO3-core] RFC bug #9117: t3lib_parsehtml_proc removes attributes "lang" and "title" of SPAN tags

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Mon Nov 3 10:18:52 CET 2008

Hi Masi,

Martin Kutschker schrieb:
> It contains mostly the code used to process the TYPOTAGs (LINK,
> TYPOLIST, etc). You may move some of the functionality, but you cannot
> remove it.

that's why i looked for usage. IMHO it's processed by lib.parseFunc and
lib.parseFunc_RTE, i don't see any direct processing, they all use the
t3lib_parsehtml only, eg tslib_content.

> Anyway, you'll run into the problem of compatibility again. Stanislas
> has done a great job in sanitising the config options for the RTE
> (htmlarea only), but there is still the cruft of the API which cannot be
> changed.

no doubt, i'm glad that Stan did such great job. I only thought about,
and i doubt anyone use parsehtml_proc in own modules, and as it only
extends parsehtml i see no conflict with the API.

I don't want to push a big discussion about, only want to share my
thoughts here.

vg Steffen