[TYPO3-core] RFC: #8503: TCA input with property checkbox can't be removed

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Mon May 26 18:33:46 CEST 2008

Hi!

Uschi Renziehausen wrote:
>> Well, this what teaching is for: show them how it works. If they sleep
>> and don't pay attention, whose problem is it? ;)
>>
> As I am the teacher, I suppose, it is mine. My students would have the
> same view, be assured :-) Also, I am a lazy creature, I do not like to
> teach superfluous stuff ;-)

Not yours, it is theirs :) If they want to know, they will. If they don't want, they will not get it even if you are the greatest teacher in the world! :)

> This is why we should have a decent TSConfig solution, then they do not
> need to ;-)

Let's see (below)

>> I do not see much use for this feature because checkbox is usually in
>> the right place.
>
> Might be true for the core, but if it comes to extensions ... And even
> the core has some meaningless ones. Here is my list:
> pages
>   - nav_title
>   - target
> tt_content
>   - spaceBefore
>   - spaceAfter
>   - header_link
>   - imagewidth
>   - imageheight
>   - imagelink
>   - table_border
>   - table_cellspacing
>   - table_cellpadding

I tend to agree for *some* of these cases. Image dimensions is an exclusion because they can hold default values that appear with a checkbox. This is really useful! May be the same for other numeric fields?

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team