[TYPO3-core] RFC: #8503: TCA input with property checkbox can't be removed

Uschi Renziehausen typo3news at otherone.de
Mon May 26 18:14:39 CEST 2008

Hey Dmitry :-)
Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] wrote:

> Well, this what teaching is for: show them how it works. If they sleep
> and don't pay attention, whose problem is it? ;)

As I am the teacher, I suppose, it is mine. My students would have the
same view, be assured :-) Also, I am a lazy creature, I do not like to
teach superfluous stuff ;-)

>> Then how do you think site developers without php knowledge will find
>> out about the unset solution? My way to happiness was this: exploring
>> $TCA for pages, then t3lib_tceforms->getSingleField_typeInput(). Only
>> then I found my way to the relevant part of the TYPO3 Core API.
>
> Developers without PHP knowledge should not touch the code.

This is why we should have a decent TSConfig solution, then they do not
need to ;-)

>> In the end it should be configurable via Page TSConfig, but i suppose
>> that is only feasible for 4.3, right?
>
> I do not see much use for this feature because checkbox is usually in
> the right place.

Might be true for the core, but if it comes to extensions ... And even
the core has some meaningless ones. Here is my list:
pages
   - nav_title
   - target
tt_content