[TYPO3-core] RFC: #7837: Always generate Icons

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Wed Mar 12 17:15:18 CET 2008

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] schrieb:
> Ingo Renner wrote:
>> probably just not enabled in php.ini - strange enough though. However,
>> we ask for it in our system requirements and should thus be able to
>> rely on it.
>
> No, really... PHP on Leopard is broken, so everyone uses package from
> entropy.ch. Leopard's own version even does not allow to add extensions
> through php.ini (compiled this way)! Complete rubbish, no idea why they
> did it :(
>
> As to sysreq - yes, true. This is why it was not -1 from me :)

But it's pretty late to make it an requirement.

I'm not completely opposed to it, but IMHO the whole concept of generation
of thoundands of variants of icons (hidden, user acces, start, stop, etc)
is obsolete and should be replaced by something else.

If you want reactivate it, but don't remove the GD check (unless you want
to remove all checks in the complete Core and make the installer check it
thoroughly). But I guess that there have been other reasons than the GD
check why it has been disabled. So I expect some unpleasant surprises :-)

Masi