[TYPO3-core] RFC: Resubmission of feature #1585: Logfile by Request URI + configuration of Empty Referer handling + logline hook

Steffen Kamper steffen at sk-typo3.de
Sun Mar 2 14:08:36 CET 2008

"Michael Stucki" <michael at typo3.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1204460085.16536.typo3-team-core at lists.netfielders.de...
> Steffen Kamper wrote:
>
>>> Hmm, I think you misunderstood what I meant: The fe_username logging
>>> does
>>> not apply to the syslog() feature, but to the statistics feature of
>>> course! :-)
>>
>> indeed i misunderstood that, you want to see that in the Apache logfile,
>> right?
>
> Exactly. Just compare with how Apache logs this (e.g. if you protect a
> directory). In TYPO3 the username field exisists in the logline but is
> always represented by a dash - no matter if there is an fe_user, or not.
>
> Sorry for mixing these two different topics, they were solved together in
> my
> old patch because sysLog() was just a little extra while I worked on this.
>
> - michael

ok, i combined your initial patch with my things.
I leaved out the call in pageNotFoundAndExit to prevent double entries.

One question before i show my patch
 // TODO: This is very hardcoded and needs to be solved better :-)
  if (!is_array($this->config['config'])) {
   $this->config['config'] = array(
    'stat' => 1,
    'stat_apache' => 1,
    'stat_apache_logfile' => 'www-mysite-com.log',
    'stat_apache_pagenames' => '[request_uri]'
   );
   $doStatistics = $this->statistics_init();
   if ($doStatistics) {
    $this->statistics_init_pagename();
   } else {
    return false;
   }
  }

Why should a log forced if not configured? IMHO it's not possible to fill in
the right values here, so i would return false in this case

vg  Steffen