[TYPO3-core] RFC: #8623: Shortcut mode also to the parent page

Steffen Kamper steffen at sk-typo3.de
Sat Jun 7 13:28:52 CEST 2008

"Benjamin Mack" <benni at typo3.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1212835917.14670.typo3-team-core at lists.netfielders.de...

> Another thing I'd really like to see (but will never go in TYPO3, I know
> :( ) is the merge of the external link and the shortcut pagetypes, by
> simply using the element browser like we have in the RTE (where you can
> select external, page, file etc.). This would help my editors a lot.

I agree. It's always confusing to have shortcut and external url. If you
can't use shortcut, you use external url for the same reason, this makes no
sense imho.
A pagetype "link" with link_browser and some additional params would solve
all issues imho, and it's easy to understand the concept, isn't it?

vg Steffen