[TYPO3-core] RFC: #8623: Shortcut mode also to the parent page

Benjamin Mack benni at typo3.org
Sat Jun 7 12:52:33 CEST 2008

Hey Masi,

I have this pagetree for projects most of the time:

Start page
  - Products
  - News
  - Imprint

Then, my client want's "home" in the navigation as a never-active
shortcut page linking to the Startpage again. I could do this with an
external link (bah). However, I create a shortcut directly to the start
page (selecting it manually).

This, matched with that patch (http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=5066,
once it is fixed with workspaces) speeds up my TYPO3 work immensly and
fixes all the SEO issues people have, or am I completely wrong here?

However I agree with you that it can be confusing for my editors, but as
I mentioned before, the waaay bigger confusion for my editors is this
TCEforms mess.

Another thing I'd really like to see (but will never go in TYPO3, I know
:( ) is the merge of the external link and the shortcut pagetypes, by
simply using the element browser like we have in the RTE (where you can
select external, page, file etc.). This would help my editors a lot.

--
greetings,
benni.