[TYPO3-core] RFC: #8623: Shortcut mode also to the parent page

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net
Sat Jun 7 12:39:26 CEST 2008

Benjamin Mack schrieb:
> Hey,
>
> +1 on the idea after reading!

Why? I tried to think of a situation where an editor would need that,
but failed. Breadcrumbs/paths UI elements that provide a similar feature
are ususally tied to the (TS) template. And a simple link to the parent
is easily done as well.

Some people argue UI and SEO wise against TYPO3's shortcut concept,
because more then one URI shows the same content. With the
link-to-patent it will get even worse and probably confusing for the
user. I wouldn't expect to see the content of the parent page, if I
choose the sibling in the menu.

Masi