[TYPO3-core] RFC: #8623: Shortcut mode also to the parent page

Benjamin Mack benni at typo3.org
Sat Jun 7 13:42:25 CEST 2008

Hey Steffen,

Steffen Kamper wrote:
> I agree. It's always confusing to have shortcut and external url. If you
> can't use shortcut, you use external url for the same reason, this makes no
> sense imho.
> A pagetype "link" with link_browser and some additional params would solve
> all issues imho, and it's easy to understand the concept, isn't it?

The problem for me is:

Sometimes you have Internal / External URL in the pages TCA, but then a
file link is also an external link. Then you have the different concept
in the Element Browser, so for me it makes sense to unify this a bit
more (yes... I know that the technical implementation is different for
internal and external URLs).

But let's keep the discussion down here a bit, sorry. If you're
interested, open up a thread in the dev list.

--
greetings,
benni.