[TYPO3-core] RFC #8590: Fileadmins folderoverview don`t show 'B' (for byte) after filesize

Stefano Kowalke blueduck at gmx.net
Tue Jun 3 15:02:44 CEST 2008

Benjamin Mack wrote:

> Hey Stefano and all,
>
> Very nice work. I did some changes to your patch.
>
> * Cleaned up one foreach / while-each and made code more readable

After suggestion from Martin, I do the code cleaning in an extra patch.

But thanx for your work.

> * Added the default labels for t3lib_div as well (I don't like having
> different values in t3lib_div and file_list BY default)
> * Set the default second parameter in the line, where it belongs IMHO
> (also very good for IDEs, I can imagine).
>
> Anyway, +1 after reading, haven't tried this patch though.
>
> Also, since it changes some default values, it should go to trunk only.

Were can i see, what allowed to change in 4.2.x and what in trunk?

Martin Kutschker wrote:

> You cannot change the default value of the $lagels argunment of
> formatSize()!

For the case we could change the function I prefer to take the
$GLOBALS['LANG'] here also. Maybe we should move the label then to
locallang_core.xml or other central place.

Martin Kutschker wrote:

> And I still see no reason to translate the units. They are the same in
> all languages. Dmitry, can you confirm that for Russian?

I think after the post from Alexey you can see why it make sense to make
these strings translateable.

Martin Kutschker wrote:

> If we let the unit label in rename it to something that is connected to
> it's content like "byteFormat".

Ok, any more suggestions or can I take 'byteFormat'?

Martin Kutschker wrote:

> If there is no B the function can be used for bits (like Kb) and
> other units.

I dont understand this. Can you explain this?

Cheers
Stefano

--
Seit dem 1.1.2008 werden Daten zu jeder E-Mail verdachtsunabhängig gespeichert!
Weitere Informationen: www.vorratsdatenspeicherung.de