[TYPO3-core] RFC #8590: Fileadmins folderoverview don`t show 'B' (for byte) after filesize

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker-no at spam-blackbox.net
Tue Jun 3 16:36:44 CEST 2008

Stefano Kowalke schrieb:

> Martin Kutschker wrote:
>
>> If there is no B the function can be used for bits (like Kb) and
>> other units.
>
> I dont understand this. Can you explain this?

The default of t3lib_div::formatSize() returns only K, etc but not KB.
So you could use it, without supplying a format string (!), to format a
value denoting bits. This would be Kb, not KB - note the small b. If you
change the default this would break the old code.

So simply leave t3lib_div::formatSize() untouched and use the byteFormat
label you wanted to introduce.

Masi