[TYPO3-core] RFC #5045, #5077, #8649: Import/Export requires lot of memory

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Thu Jul 24 18:55:49 CEST 2008

Bernhard Kraft schrieb:

> Martin Kutschker schrieb:
>
>> I guess this could work for the xml export as well if you ship the file
>> zip as an extra file. Not quite as convenient as a single file but it'd
>> work. Though I don't get it why one would need an xml export.
>
> XML still not supported in this patch - if this is a "requirement" it
> wont make it into core - as I do not plan to waste my time on supporting
> xml export of "LARGE" trees. There is also no request for this feature
> in the bugtracker (currently).

It's not a requirement for me. I only thought that it wouldn't be too
complicated to add you're nice feature to this format as well.

But to be honest I've never even used the XML export. What's the use
case for it? If it's to be used with an external program then of course
the inline binary makes sense. An external file should be in a
reasonable well supported format like a tar or zip archive which can
only be created with the help of external libraries.

Masi