[TYPO3-core] RFC #5045, #5077, #8649: Import/Export requires lot of memory

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Mon Jul 21 10:55:40 CEST 2008

Oliver Klee schrieb:
> Hi Masi,
>
> Martin Kutschker schrieb:
>> Of course CGL and other style issues are important, but I would
>> appreciate it if reviewers would also review the functionality.
>>
>> This goes not specifically to Oliver, but to me it seems that on this
>> list the CGL comes more important than the actual code.
>
> I agree with you that the functionality also needs to be carefully
> reviewed.
>
> Actually, I think that both are important (both the functionality and
> the maintainability of the code needs to be okay for a +1).
>
> If there are many style issues, I usually wait for a reworked version of
> the patch that is more readable. This is because
>
> a) reviewing readable and well-documented code is quicker (meaning that
> I save time on the review and I can do more reviews, coding or other stuff)
>
> b) some functionality issues are easier to see if the code is more
> readable (meaning that the review for the functionality will be better)
>
> And yes, I find readable, consistent and well-documented code very
> important, and I know that for some others, it has a different priority.
> :-)

Don't get me wrong, the mentioned qualities are important. But I think
the code as-such isn't of poor quality it is more encouraging if you
drop a word or so is abou the functionality.

I find it annoying if I spend hours for a patch and the only comment I
get is a nitpicking about a missing space.

So, Oliver, does Bernhards' patch make any sense? Do you think there is
a chance for a +1 from you if he reformats his code?

Masi