[TYPO3-core] RFC #5045, #5077, #8649: Import/Export requires lot of memory

Oliver Klee typo3-german-02 at oliverklee.de
Mon Jul 21 10:39:49 CEST 2008

Hi Masi,

Martin Kutschker schrieb:
> Of course CGL and other style issues are important, but I would
> appreciate it if reviewers would also review the functionality.
>
> This goes not specifically to Oliver, but to me it seems that on this
> list the CGL comes more important than the actual code.

I agree with you that the functionality also needs to be carefully reviewed.

Actually, I think that both are important (both the functionality and
the maintainability of the code needs to be okay for a +1).

If there are many style issues, I usually wait for a reworked version of
the patch that is more readable. This is because

a) reviewing readable and well-documented code is quicker (meaning that
I save time on the review and I can do more reviews, coding or other stuff)

b) some functionality issues are easier to see if the code is more
readable (meaning that the review for the functionality will be better)

And yes, I find readable, consistent and well-documented code very
important, and I know that for some others, it has a different priority. :-)

Regards,

Oliver