[TYPO3-core] FYI: Fixed bug #8717 (cleanup): htmlArea RTE link browser does not honour correctly hooking browsers

Stanislas Rolland typo3 at sjbr.ca
Tue Jul 8 17:10:16 CEST 2008

Hi Michael,

> in this change a hook is renamed, which is pretty delicate already. However,
> the ChangeLog entry doesn't even mention this, it just contains the
> original subject with an additional "cleanup" remark.
>
> Please change the following:
> - when renaming a hook key, it must be stated clearly in the ChangeLog
> - do not forget to emphasize this with three exclamation marks in front of
>   the ChangeLog entry

I think you are right. For a script hooking on htmlArea RTE link
browser, the main hook key is changed. As a result, the RTE will also
ignore hooks on the base class. I updated the ChangeLog (revision 3866).

I made this change when revising the DAM-RTE interface for links and
images/media (soon to be committed to DAM SVN). With TYPO3 4.3, DAM will
hook on the RTE rather than extend it (or rather than the RTE extending
DAM)! These hooks are implementations of interface
t3lib_browselinkshook. The DAM hooks instantiate the DAM browser which
itself extends the same browse_links base class. In such context, one
does not want hooks intended for the RTE to be reinvoked by the base
class. Therefore, I ensured that the hook keys were specific to the RTE.

For TYPO3 4.3, since there is no central index of hooks, I will also
update the htmlARea RTE API manual and add a section on hooks. However,
this manual is on TER, but not in SVN.

Regards,
Stanislas