[TYPO3-core] FYI: Fixed bug #8717 (cleanup): htmlArea RTE link browser does not honour correctly hooking browsers

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Tue Jul 8 20:10:17 CEST 2008

Hi Stanislas,

>> in this change a hook is renamed, which is pretty delicate already.
>> However, the ChangeLog entry doesn't even mention this, it just contains
>> the original subject with an additional "cleanup" remark.
>>
>> Please change the following:
>> - when renaming a hook key, it must be stated clearly in the ChangeLog
>> - do not forget to emphasize this with three exclamation marks in front
>>   of the ChangeLog entry
>
> I think you are right. For a script hooking on htmlArea RTE link
> browser, the main hook key is changed. As a result, the RTE will also
> ignore hooks on the base class. I updated the ChangeLog (revision 3866).

Looks good to me know, thanks.

> I made this change when revising the DAM-RTE interface for links and
> images/media (soon to be committed to DAM SVN). With TYPO3 4.3, DAM will
> hook on the RTE rather than extend it (or rather than the RTE extending
> DAM)! These hooks are implementations of interface
> t3lib_browselinkshook. The DAM hooks instantiate the DAM browser which
> itself extends the same browse_links base class. In such context, one
> does not want hooks intended for the RTE to be reinvoked by the base
> class. Therefore, I ensured that the hook keys were specific to the RTE.

That's out of question. I agree completely that the old key was wrong in
some way...

> For TYPO3 4.3, since there is no central index of hooks, I will also
> update the htmlARea RTE API manual and add a section on hooks. However,
> this manual is on TER, but not in SVN.

No problem. One more request, though: Could you add the
key "rtehtmlarea_manual" to the suggest section in ext_emconf.php of
rtehtmlarea? That would probably help some people to find the manual.

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out