[TYPO3-core] RFC: Feature Request #7247: Add hook for warning messages with Help->About module and improve existing warning messages

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Wed Jan 23 08:39:14 CET 2008

Hi!

Jeff Segars wrote:
> The default warning messages could also be cleaned up a little, with
> links to the location where the suggested updates can be made.

Great!

> Solution:
> Add the hook and tweak the warning labels.

The following line has invalid html:

+				$warnings["backend_reference"] = 'The Reference Index table is empty which is likely the result of a recent TYPO3 upgrade. Please go to <a href="'.$url.'">Tools>DB Check</a> and update the reference index.';

Tools>DB Check should be Tools&lt;DB Check.

Another question (not tested, just by looking):

+				$url = 'sysext/lowlevel/dbint/index.php?&id=0&SET[function]=refindex';

This URL is relative to /typo3. Is it true for About module? I think it is executed from its own directory, isn't it? Install URL, for example, is different.

Same for editing admin account.

> Notes:
> Should we go ahead and localize these warning labels while we're at it?

Yes! Big +1 for this.

>    What's the preferred way of doing this since there's HTML embedded
> inside of the labels.

Using $GLOBALS['LANG']?

--
Dmitry Dulepov