[TYPO3-core] RFC: Feature Request #7247: Add hook for warning messages with Help->About module and improve existing warning messages

Jeff Segars jsegars at alumni.rice.edu
Wed Jan 23 06:16:24 CET 2008

Hey guys,

This is a SVN patch request.

Type: Feature

Bugtracker references: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=7247

Branches: Trunk

Problem:
A post processing hook within t3lib_beFunc->displayWarningMessages would
allow extensions to insert their own warning messages if critical
problems were detected.

The default warning messages could also be cleaned up a little, with
links to the location where the suggested updates can be made.

Solution:
Add the hook and tweak the warning labels.

Notes:
Should we go ahead and localize these warning labels while we're at it?
    What's the preferred way of doing this since there's HTML embedded
inside of the labels.

Thanks,
Jeff