[TYPO3-core] RFC: Feature Request #7247: Add hook for warning messages with Help->About module and improve existing warning messages

Jeff Segars jsegars at alumni.rice.edu
Wed Jan 23 15:47:20 CET 2008

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] wrote:
>  The following line has invalid html:

>  +$warnings["backend_reference"] = 'The Reference Index table is
> empty which is likely the result of a recent TYPO3 upgrade. Please go
> to Tools>DB Check and update the reference index.';

>  Tools>DB Check should be Tools<DB Check.

Oops, thanks for pointing that out.  I'm assuming we actually want
> though, right:
>  Another question (not tested, just by looking):

>  +$url =
>  'sysext/lowlevel/dbint/index.php?&id=0&SET[function]=refindex';

>  This URL is relative to /typo3. Is it true for About module? I think
> it is executed from its own directory, isn't it? Install URL, for
> example, is different.

It's executed from typo3/alt_intro.php so as far as I can see, we
should be fine with those relative URLs and they behave the same as
the Install Tool URLs.
>>      What's the preferred way of doing this since there's HTML
>> embedded  inside of the labels.

>  Using $GLOBALS['LANG']?

Sorry, I mean the fact the we have labels like this:
Please go to Tools>DB Check and update the reference index.

It's one continuous label but we've got the HTML embedded in the
middle, which we don't want in the actual label.  I could use sprintf
to insert the HTML after we grab the label, but I wasn't sure if there
was any other preferred method.

Thanks,
Jeff