[TYPO3-core] RFC: bugfix #6932 Unlike the default preview language, fields of additionalPreviewLanguages are shown if they are empty

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Mon Jan 14 08:40:22 CET 2008

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] wrote:

Hey Dmitry,

> May be I misunderstood. What flag exactly he is trying to eliminate? I
> see more flags on the screenshot with patch. Is it called "element the
> flag" now?

well, what's unclear with a before and after screenshot? The core
renders a flag (the english one in this case) that shouldn't be there...

>> the flags BTW are a visual helper for editors.
>
> I am not sure how often you make multilingual web sites. Most of my
> sites are multilingual due to specifics of my country. I do not think it
> helps to have more than one flag. One flag shows the string that should
> be translated. One string to be translated. One, not two string to be
> compared. If there are two strings, translator may need to decide which
> one of them to use as source and result may be far from original. What
> if there are 8 languages? Will 8 flags be displayed? How do you imagine
> it on the screen?

Of course it's supposed to only show one flag and that's what Helmut is
trying to achieve/fix.

>> P.S. Dmitry, don't be so harsh to people who want to help =)
>
> Ingo, you are prejusted.

I'm not prejusted I just know that often things you write sound harsh
although you most likely don't mean it in such a way... others probably
don't know that - that's what I tried to say.

> Where exactly did I harsh at Helmut? I want the
> answer to this question and now I am harsh!!! What did I say wrong this
> time???

It was just about giving a direct -1 because you don't "want" those
flags and without any further arguments

> I am just trying to discuss the issue that affects translations
> because I know this very well. Should I shut up completely?

Dude, nobody wants you to shut up, please calm down. I'm sorry if it was
unclear what I wanted to say...

have fun
Ingo

--