[TYPO3-core] RFC: bugfix #6932 Unlike the default preview language, fields of additionalPreviewLanguages are shown if they are empty

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Mon Jan 14 08:52:18 CET 2008

Hi!

Ingo Renner wrote:
> I'm not prejusted I just know that often things you write sound harsh
> although you most likely don't mean it in such a way... others probably
> don't know that - that's what I tried to say.

We are from different countries, our native languages are different and they are not English. So we should not see what is not there.

> It was just about giving a direct -1 because you don't "want" those
> flags and without any further arguments

Quoting my argument from previous e-mail: "Mostly they just make screen extra crowded.". I have to work with translation a lot, so I am trying not to make this area worse. It is already not the most convenient area in TYPO3.

I admit I did not review the patch but I saw the screenshot and understood that it *adds* more flags. Did I misunderstand? If yes, I am sorry. But I am trying to look at all patches even for a short time to make sure that we do not introduce anything incompatible or make work for editors more difficult. It happens sometimes that we do... :(

Again I am sorry if misunderstood meaning of the patch. I did not block Helmut's patch (and I said it is not a -1), I just wrote an opinion. No one said that I was wrong and where exactly I was wrong.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team