[TYPO3-core] RFC: bugfix #6932 Unlike the default preview language, fields of additionalPreviewLanguages are shown if they are empty

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Mon Jan 14 08:18:35 CET 2008

Hi!

Ingo Renner wrote:
>> Hm. Not a -1 but I do not really want those extra flags... What is the
>> benefit? Mostly they just make screen extra crowded.
>
> so, yeah? what's our problem? Helmut is trying to eliminate a flage that
> shouldn't be there - e.g. fixing a bug...

May be I misunderstood. What flag exactly he is trying to eliminate? I see more flags on the screenshot with patch. Is it called "element the flag" now?

> the flags BTW are a visual helper for editors.

I am not sure how often you make multilingual web sites. Most of my sites are multilingual due to specifics of my country. I do not think it helps to have more than one flag. One flag shows the string that should be translated. One string to be translated. One, not two string to be compared. If there are two strings, translator may need to decide which one of them to use as source and result may be far from original. What if there are 8 languages? Will 8 flags be displayed? How do you imagine it on the screen?

> P.S. Dmitry, don't be so harsh to people who want to help =)

Ingo, you are prejusted. Where exactly did I harsh at Helmut? I want the answer to this question and now I am harsh!!! What did I say wrong this time??? I am just trying to discuss the issue that affects translations because I know this very well. Should I shut up completely? Do you want this? I can!

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team