[TYPO3-core] RFC: bugfix #6932 Unlike the default preview language, fields of additionalPreviewLanguages are shown if they are empty

Helmut Hummel typo3 at jhpc.de
Mon Jan 14 01:18:32 CET 2008

Hello Ingo, hi Dmitry,

Ingo Renner schrieb:
> Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] wrote:
>
> Hey Dmitry,
>
>> Hm. Not a -1 but I do not really want those extra flags... What is the
>> benefit? Mostly they just make screen extra crowded.

Well I shoud consider not to make screenshots next time to force people reading
my patches instead.

Just kidding. The extra flags for default language are a config option:
mod.SHARED {
     defaultLanguageFlag = de.gif
     defaultLanguageLabel = German
}

> so, yeah? what's our problem? Helmut is trying to eliminate a flage that
> shouldn't be there - e.g. fixing a bug...

Jeah, right. As Masi already pointed out, this fix is all about _removing_
unnecessary stuff ;)

> the flags BTW are a visual helper for editors.

and configurable for default language (see above).

> P.S. Dmitry, don't be so harsh to people who want to help =)

No offence taken at all!

BTW: This should be ready to commit (implying Dmitrys misunderstanding is no -1).

--
lib.salutation = TEXT
lib.salutation.value = Kind regards, Helmut