[TYPO3-core] RFC: #7121: index_ts.php concerning frontend editing

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net
Sun Jan 13 16:00:25 CET 2008

Tapio Markula schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> this is a SVN patch request.
>
> Type: Bugfix/Feature (depends on the opinion)
>
> Branches: 4.1, Trunk
>
> Bugtracker Reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=7121
>
> \cms\tslib\index_ts.php concerning frontend editing.
>
> older versions frontend editing sfuff wa here
>
>             $BE_USER->extInitFeAdmin();
>             if ($BE_USER->extAdmEnabled) {
> // frontend editing here

This has been moved because some other things didn't work with FE
editing with the old way. AFAIR Michael Stucki did the change.

Can you explain in more detail what breaks? It's good to know that eg
pixe_feediting doesn't work ith this code, but for a proper fix I think
we should know which PHP functions don't work (eg because something
isn't properly initialized etc).

Masi