[TYPO3-core] RFC: #7121: index_ts.php concerning frontend editing

Tapio Markula tapio.markula at xetpoint.fi
Sun Jan 13 16:38:55 CET 2008

Martin Kutschker
> Tapio Markula schrieb:
>> Hi,
>>
>> this is a SVN patch request.
>>
>> Type: Bugfix/Feature (depends on the opinion)
>>
>> Branches: 4.1, Trunk
>>
>> Bugtracker Reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=7121
>>
>> \cms\tslib\index_ts.php concerning frontend editing.
>>
>> older versions frontend editing sfuff wa here
>>
>>             $BE_USER->extInitFeAdmin();
>>             if ($BE_USER->extAdmEnabled) {
>> // frontend editing here
>
> This has been moved because some other things didn't work with FE
> editing with the old way.

what didn't work?

AFAIR Michael Stucki did the change.

> Can you explain in more detail what breaks? It's good to know that eg
> pixe_feediting doesn't work ith this code, but for a proper fix I think
> we should know which PHP functions don't work (eg because something
> isn't properly initialized etc).

pixe_feediting and mk_tvfrontend calls templavoila api in handling move
up/down and paste functionalities - they do the task after *reloading*
the page, but not immediately like using the old code.

function extEditAction() does not work anymore as expected
- look class.ux_t3lib_tsfebeuserauth.php of pixe_feediting and
mk_tvpagemodule

Some other functionalities might behave the same way (toggle show hidden
pages/hidden content and hide them).