[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug #7096: Consistent interface for AJAX calls in the TYPO3 Backend

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Wed Jan 9 22:31:51 CET 2008

Hi,

> Last one for today.
>
> This is the final version of this interface.

Very nice work. I tested it on an extension I'm working on which uses
AJAX calls in the BE. I have 2 questions though:

- when have you planned to implement the $params variable? I assume it
will contain the additional parameters sent in the AJAX call. In my case
I absolutely need to pass parameters. I did a quick something with
hardcoded parameters to test your work, but it won't do normally :-) Or
have I misunderstood something?

- I haven't looked at the initialisations you go through when calling
typo3/ajax.php, but wouldn't it make sense to have the $GLOBALS['LANG']
object already defined? It's true that not all the calls need it and I
don't know how much heavier it makes the whole thing, but it's just a
thought.

One thing to note about the manual: I had an issue with case-sensitivity
with the line:

new AJAX.Request('ajax.php', {

I had to write it as

new Ajax.Request('ajax.php', {

Indeed in typo3/js/common.js the object is called "Ajax" and not "AJAX".

Anyway thanks again, it's really great to have something unified for
AJAX calls.

Oh, and +1 after testing, obviously :-)

Cheers

--