[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug #7096: Consistent interface for AJAX calls in the TYPO3 Backend

Steffen Kamper steffen at sk-typo3.de
Wed Jan 9 16:39:09 CET 2008

"Benjamin Mack" <mack at xnos.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.2564.1199891717.5304.typo3-team-core at lists.netfielders.de...
> Last one for today.
>
> This is the final version of this interface.
>
> -- What has changed?
>
> * It is now possible to set one of three content-types (JSON, XML,
> plain) to send the content from the server to the client. The TYPO3AJAX
> object will take care of the rest.
> * I introduced new constants in config_default.php that are coded
> bitwise, so we can do bitwise comparison of what TYPO3_REQUESTTYPE it
> is. What do you think of them? Maybe it's finally a way to consolidate
> this constant mix.
> * I fixed some bugs with the new pagetree AJAX part that I noticed.
> * I also needed to update the "manual" for this of course.
> --
> greetings,
> benni.
> -SDG-

Hey Benni,

you're busy as a bee :-)
It looks fantastic. I really like the method setContentType so no manual
header is needed, makes it very easy to use.
Also using the constants in Flag manner is a good solution - it's readable
and easy to extend.

many thanks for this great solution!
I would like to see that in core, so we can use it, test it and get
expierience with it, alos coming up improvements should all use the
interface to get a consistent solution.

vg  Steffen