[TYPO3-core] RFC: Feature #880: Click-enlarge for Images in htmlArea RTE

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Mon Jan 7 10:51:07 CET 2008

Stanislas Rolland wrote: on 07.01.2008 01:22:

> Problem:
> Would be nice to be able to click enlarge on images inserted by the RTE.
>
> Solution:
> The attached patch adds three (obscure, I admit) lines of code to
> class.tslib_content.php and activates an option implemented quite a
> while ago in htmlArea RTE.
>
> Comments:
> Once the patch is installed on the latest trunk revision, here is how to
> test it:
> 1. there will be a new check box in the Extension Manager configuration
> page of htmlArea RTE: check the box;
> 2. also with EM, make sure images are enabled in the RTE!
> 3. on a TS template that applies to the page on which you are going to
> test, in section "Include static (from extensions):", add static
> template "Clickenlarge Rendering (rtehtmlarea)";
> 4. on a RTE-enabled content element, insert an image, then edit the
> properties of the image; there should be a new check box "Click to
> enlarge": check it, click update, and save;
> 5. hopefully, you should be able to click on the image in the frontend.
>
> Let me know if you observe any bad side effect...
>
> Bugtracker references:
> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=880
>
> Branches: Trunk

Yes, bad effect of the "obscure" three lines in parseFunc already have
been commented on the thread about bug#5841 (on the core-list). I just
added a note about it in the bug tracker #880.

My patch v2 (see thread "RFC: Bug #5841: parseFunc tags.XXX for single
tags doesn't work") from 6.8.2007 should work better, in that it
specifically looks for a single "/" at the end of the opening tag (i.e.
with leading " "), which should fix the problem your patch has with
<link http://www.typo3.org/> kind of tags. A preg_match might not be
needed here (I am a preg_match fan...), maybe two substr comparasions
are faster. Stanislau, could you check that and maybe "rework" that part
a bit?

Cheers,
Ernesto