[TYPO3-core] SVN closed for now, do not commit!

Ingmar Schlecht ingmar at typo3.org
Sat Feb 23 09:53:53 CET 2008

Hi Benni,

Benjamin Mack wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> as much as I like to see new features in the RTE (it's really getting
> good and way better than in 4.1), it was feature freeze already a couple
> of weeks ago. I'd rather push this 4.2 release real quick by testing
> completely as a whole community. Because then the trunk will be open
> really quick again for new features (which could be easily in a couple
> of weeks if we all test hard enough ;-)) and then the 4.3 would have
> also a lot of features. I also propose to release 4.3 this year ;-) so
> it wouldn't be that far off.
>
> 4.2 is already a pretty amazing package, let's shape it and wrap it up
> and then work on the new features for the second major release in 2008 :D

While I agree with you that pushing the definition of feature freeze
beyond limits is not a good thing and the main focus should definitely
lie on fixing the remaining bugs now, I will stay with my decision
regarding HTMLArea features, because:

  - HTMLArea is an isolated feature with likeliness of side effects in
    completely other parts close to zero

  - Stanislas knows best how stable it is and whether he wants to risk
    committing the features now; so shortly before the RC phase. I trust
    Stanislas fully to make that decision wisely.

I have also talked to Ingo about this yesterday, so this is also his
decision.

cheers
Ingmar

--