[TYPO3-core] RFC: #7573: Page properties: Make author and author_email visible instantly

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Mon Feb 18 16:22:13 CET 2008

Steffen Kamper schrieb:

> I also like the slides from Jens and will work on this with Jens to get it
> better styled, but this will be for 4.3 because the time was too short for
> 4.2. We have settled a meeting with Jens, Ben, Patrick and Benni where this
> HCI-thoughts will be respected and we will see if it will be more
> userfriendly.

But in 4.3 you shouldn't - nay you mustn't - move all UI elements around
again. We'r not MS that likes to shift buttons and tabs around with each
release ;-) Seriously, to me it's annoying if I have to adjust to a new UI.
The thought alone that I have to use different interface for
3.5-4.2,4.2,4.3,..- makes me shudder.

So whatever is done within the current timeframe should be more or less
fixed/ready for the next one or even two releases. That doesn't mean we can
  add an extra feature/button here and there or polish the UI. But, please,
no more rearranging in 4.3!

If there is some more extra time needed, then you should get some.
Personally I don't mind if the UI changes a bit again between b2 and rc1,
if it's getting better.

Masi