[TYPO3-core] RFC: #7333: Solution for "Page is being generated"

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Thu Feb 7 15:47:18 CET 2008

Hi Olly,

> As already discussed with you on Skype (but before we forget it, I write
> it down *g*):
>
> +                             $key = $this->id.'::'.$this->MP;
> +                             $isLocked = $this->lockPageGenerate($key);      // Returns true if the
> lock is active now
>
> When these two uncached URLs are called nearly at the same time:
> * index.php?id=111&tx_myext_pi1[uid]=22&cHash=abcd
> * index.php?id=111&tx_myext_pi1[uid]=33&cHash=dcba
>
> The $key variable which is used for locking is the same in both cases.
> This would cause a lock and delay were it is not required.

Correct. For this reason, Bernhard was using two different locks in his
first patch. However, I moved the places around and finally thought it will
be hard to place the 2nd lock correctly.

So I would like to treat this as a bug and have a look at it later, well
knowing that currently the lock is working disregarding of cHashes...

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out