[TYPO3-core] RFC: #7333: Solution for "Page is being generated"

Oliver Hader oh at inpublica.de
Tue Feb 5 17:41:38 CET 2008

Hi Michael,

Michael Stucki schrieb:
> I thought for some while about such an API. Actually there are quite some
> lock mechanisms available, but I can't think of any more than these three:
>
> - semaphore (Unix only)
> - flock (Unix + Windows, not working on network shares)
> - simple lock as a fallback for the above two

As already discussed with you on Skype (but before we forget it, I write
it down *g*):

+				$key = $this->id.'::'.$this->MP;
+				$isLocked = $this->lockPageGenerate($key);	// Returns true if the
lock is active now

When these two uncached URLs are called nearly at the same time:
* index.php?id=111&tx_myext_pi1[uid]=22&cHash=abcd
* index.php?id=111&tx_myext_pi1[uid]=33&cHash=dcba

The $key variable which is used for locking is the same in both cases.
This would cause a lock and delay were it is not required.

olly
--
Oliver Hader
http://inpublica.de/