[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug (?) #7378: "Clear all caches" doesn't delete temp_CACHED... files.

Stefan Geith typo3dev2008.nospam1 at geithware.de
Thu Feb 7 09:18:59 CET 2008

Michael Stucki schrieb:
> Ingo Renner wrote:
>
>> please do not remove the new item, this was discussed with Kasper and
>> Jens at T3CON07. The intention was to have a stop-light-like system (the
>> colors) to show what won't hurt and what is realy a
>> Do-Not-Press-The-red-Button thing.
>>
>> BTW: yes if it says all, it should clear all caches, clearing the
>> configuration cache really won't hurt, would it?
>
> Again, it does not make sense to clear the configuration cache unless you
> are working on ext_tables.php and ext_localconf.php files. Removing the
> file whenever "all" is pressed results in a waste of resources.

But clearing all cache has a big impact, so that
clearing additionally the configuration would not
make so much more waste of resources ...

So when would I click on 'Clear all caches (including config):
- When developping extensions (to make sure _all_ is cleared)
- When else ? When I change TS of my Site ? When I changed
   much content ?
   What ever, but I will click it realy not often ...

For me, there could be 2 solutions:
1) "Clear all chaches" clears configursation too
2) Add new item "Clear _realy_ all caches"
I have no preverence for one of these two solutions, but
I think we should have a way to clear realy all with one click.

> So please, either present a good alternative to the good old "Clear FE
> cache", or do not clear those files each time (= keep it as it is).
>
> - michael

-

Stefan