[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug (?) #7378: "Clear all caches" doesn't delete temp_CACHED... files.

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Thu Feb 7 10:55:35 CET 2008

Hi!

Stefan Geith wrote:
> Michael Stucki schrieb:
>> Again, it does not make sense to clear the configuration cache unless you
>> are working on ext_tables.php and ext_localconf.php files. Removing the
>> file whenever "all" is pressed results in a waste of resources.
>
> But clearing all cache has a big impact, so that
> clearing additionally the configuration would not
> make so much more waste of resources ...

I agree with this. Removing & regenerating two files takes milliseconds, while clearing FE cache in a site with 6000 pages and 4 CEs on each page takes tenths of seconds.

> For me, there could be 2 solutions:
> 1) "Clear all chaches" clears configursation too

I am still +1 to this!

> 2) Add new item "Clear _realy_ all caches"

Next will be "Clear _really_ __really__ all cahces", etc :D So #1 is better.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team