[TYPO3-core] RFC: #7370: Remove page doktype 5 (not in menu) and merge Normal with Advanced

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Tue Feb 5 13:43:57 CET 2008

Hi!

Benjamin Mack wrote:
> I think it'd be best if we would announce a news on typo3.org (we could
> even send a mailing out to every ext developer) about the fundamental
> changes in TYPO3 4.2 when releasing the beta and that every extdev
> should see that it would still work with the latest version.

+1

> Actually, I think it would be best if we would force every ext developer
> to set a min+max version for an extension. This way ext developers would
> check their extension with every new major version. It's kinda like a
> tightened version of the "obsolete" checkbox, but this way TER would be
> cleaner and an installation would only fetch the exts that are
> compatible with this version.

This is a good idea. I think kickstarter should be changed for this.

As to cleaning up TER, this is very good idea too. Recently I had to contact the author of one ext, who sent it to TER with upload comment: "does not do anything yet" (or similar). There lots of things like this in TER. All this... well, this junk... should be cleaned up.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team