[TYPO3-core] RFC: #7370: Remove page doktype 5 (not in menu) and merge Normal with Advanced

Benjamin Mack mack at xnos.org
Tue Feb 5 13:33:09 CET 2008

Hey,

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] wrote:
> - extension that use doktype=(2|5) <== NEED TO SOLVE ("die('No such doktype')"???)
I think that every extension maintainer should use the beta phase to
adjust the extension to the new core version. That's why it's a feature
freeze. So devs can trust that it won't change until the final release.

Actually, it's like that in Firefox as well. You need to define a max.
version the extension will work with when creating an extension. In the
beta phase, the extension developers can prepare their extensions to
make it work with the latest.

I think it'd be best if we would announce a news on typo3.org (we could
even send a mailing out to every ext developer) about the fundamental
changes in TYPO3 4.2 when releasing the beta and that every extdev
should see that it would still work with the latest version.

Actually, I think it would be best if we would force every ext developer
to set a min+max version for an extension. This way ext developers would
check their extension with every new major version. It's kinda like a
tightened version of the "obsolete" checkbox, but this way TER would be
cleaner and an installation would only fetch the exts that are
compatible with this version.

--
greetings,
benni.