[TYPO3-core] RFC: #7370: Remove page doktype 5 (not in menu) and merge Normal with Advanced

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Tue Feb 5 15:02:59 CET 2008

Oliver Hader wrote:

> I think a die() is a bit too much. Maybe this works (I have to test):
> | trigger_error('Deprecated disposal of doktype 5', E_USER_WARNING);
> This should put out a nice annoying warning and put it to the error log.

Use t3lib_div::sysLog() for things like this. If we never use it, why should
the users start doing so?!

I think the feature still needs some more promotion, e.g. activation by
default and send error messages by mail to root.

However, this is exactly the kind of situations where logs are very useful,
as long as they are read.

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out