[TYPO3-core] RFC: #7346: Have a list of open and recently editeddocuments

Steffen Kamper steffen at sk-typo3.de
Fri Feb 1 18:21:06 CET 2008

Hi Benni,

"Benjamin Mack" <mack at xnos.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1404.1201879855.24404.typo3-team-core at lists.netfielders.de...
> Hey all,
>
> this is a SVN patch request.
>
> Branches: trunk only
>
> BT: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=7346
>
> Type: feature
>
> Description / Problem:
> In the backend we only have this quite useless module "open Documents"
> which allows you to edit every opened document.
>
> Solution:
> I already abstracted the functionality into a sysext "opendocs". With my
> new patch, it now adds an icon to the top that loads the list of opened
> documents through AJAX. It also shows the list of recently edited (=
> just closed) documents in there. This list will even stay there after
> login/logout, which is quite nice.
>
> Notes:
> * Formatting / CSS improvements could be done at a later stage as well,
> the functionality is built-in here.
> * Later, I'd also like to add a userTSconfig to disable the toolbar item
> per user-basis, and to add small icons in front of the records. Didn't
> know how to do this quite fast, so we'll see what I can do :)
> * The screenshot shows the feature in action.
> * Thanks to Steffen! I took a skeleton of his toolbar item from the
> extdeveval extension to start off with my part.

+1 for bringing this feature to the toolbar!

some additional questions
* i applied the patch and didn't have the icon in toolbar, i didn't examined
why not yet.
* your screenshot shows the documents, i think this was not faked. So you
see entries that are double. Is there a way to show which docs they are, may
be which kind?
* if (TYPO3_REQUESTTYPE & TYPO3_REQUESTTYPE_AJAX) {...
i showed that this is not clear. These flags are set with any Ajax call. So
we have the Lang-object initialized everytime even if it's not needed. i
suggested a simple function to ask for specific ajaxID to have it clear
* why do you use array_unshift for register instead of common syntax
$GLOBALS['TYPO3_CONF_VARS']['typo3/backend.php']['additionalBackendItems'][]
= ... ?

Anyway i think we should bring this feature in and improve it.

vg  Steffen