[TYPO3-core] Ready for TYPO3 4.2.4?

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Thu Dec 25 20:50:29 CET 2008

Hi!

Michael Stucki wrote:
> Maybe you mean this one: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=9676
>
> I looked into that one yesterday. I was able to track it back to a
> change by Ernesto that fixed timezone issues, however it caused that new
> problem. That was still before 4.2.0, so it's probably bad, but still
> not as super-urgent like an issue that was introduced by 4.2.3 for
> example...
>
> There is a fix by Martin Holtz which solves the problem, however because
> of the complex timezone handling, I would first like to have Ernesto
> look over it. Just to be sure that it doesn't break new stuff.

It would be great if we solve it finally. It creates huge problems for timed articles and advertisements on sites.

This bug is quite critical in my opinion. I already think that we should revert this timezone change completely (i.e. return to the 4.1.x version) because for 4.2.0, 4.2.1, 4.2.2 and 4.2.3 we never could make it right. It just does not work properly regardless of any fixes applied.

Why do we need to hurry with 4.2.4? Is it only because of DAM? I suggest we fix critical bugs first, than release a new version. Not everyone uses DAM but many use starttime/endtime and time functionality is broken for more than half a year. This is bad.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team