[TYPO3-core] RFC: #5835: Make clear.gif configurable

Susanne Moog typo3 at susannemoog.de
Mon Dec 8 20:12:45 CET 2008

Hi Thorsten,

Thorsten Kahler schrieb:
> Hi Susanne,
>
>> Seeing that this would at least make it possible to get rid of the
>> clear.gif I decided to implement it - as it is documented anyway.
>
> Your implementation works quite well and the classes you applied to the
> DIVs offer opportunities to fix (possible) problems with floated
> elements etc. But it still doesn't work like documented, because it uses
> the configuration of stdWrap.space.useDiv for stdWrap.spaceBefore and
> stdWrap.spaceAfter.

But it is documented that way or did I understand something wrong? If
you set space.useDiv = 1 it should affect spaceBefore and spaceAfter, too:

"Additional property:

.useDiv = 1

If set, a clear gif is not used by rather a <div> tag with a
style-attribute setting the height. (Affects spaceBefore and spaceAfter
as well)."

 > IMHO it would be better to add useDiv to spaceBefore
> and spaceAfter as it already is documented for space. It's easy to set
> all three by using a constant. This would also be a nice place to
> implement the compatVersion condition.

So you want to have sth. like
spaceBefore.useDiv = 1
spaceAfter.useDiv = 1
space.useDiv = 1 ?

Is there really any usecase where it would make sense to set spaceBefore
to div and leave spaceAfter as clear.gif? Just trying to get your
meaning here.

>> I think it is enough to have this option. It does not have to be fully
>> configurable as I have made another patch like Franz proposed to change
>> the rendering in css_styled_content and so the most common used part is
>> configurable by default.
>>

> Some minor notes on the coding style:
> - please remove trailing white spaces
> - please add newlines to code blocks "{}" (no need to stay with the old
> unreadable single-line-style)
> - please rename $additionalConf to $conf (there's no $conf yet, so
> what's additional about this parameter?)

All no problem, I'm still learning.

> I hope you're not too frustrated to try it with another patch version ;-)

I am getting used to it ;)

Thanks for reviewing and commenting, new patch to come soon.

Regards,

Susanne