[TYPO3-core] RFC: #5835: Make clear.gif configurable

Thorsten Kahler thorsten.kahler at dkd.de
Mon Dec 8 09:46:14 CET 2008

Hi Susanne,

Susanne Moog schrieb am 23.11.2008 16:13 Uhr:
>> BT Reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=5835
>>
>> Branches: trunk
>>
> The new version of the patch takes several things into account:
>
> Looking at the TSref I found a documented but never implemented feature
> named "useDiv" for stdWrap.space.
> http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/references/doc_core_tsref/4.1.0/view/5/1/
> (see space)

it's fine you found that documented but not yet implemented feature. I
agree on using it as it perfectly matches.

> Seeing that this would at least make it possible to get rid of the
> clear.gif I decided to implement it - as it is documented anyway.

Your implementation works quite well and the classes you applied to the
DIVs offer opportunities to fix (possible) problems with floated
elements etc. But it still doesn't work like documented, because it uses
the configuration of stdWrap.space.useDiv for stdWrap.spaceBefore and
stdWrap.spaceAfter. IMHO it would be better to add useDiv to spaceBefore
and spaceAfter as it already is documented for space. It's easy to set
all three by using a constant. This would also be a nice place to
implement the compatVersion condition.

> I think it is enough to have this option. It does not have to be fully
> configurable as I have made another patch like Franz proposed to change
> the rendering in css_styled_content and so the most common used part is
> configurable by default.

Some minor notes on the coding style:
- please remove trailing white spaces
- please add newlines to code blocks "{}" (no need to stay with the old
unreadable single-line-style)
- please rename $additionalConf to $conf (there's no $conf yet, so
what's additional about this parameter?)

I hope you're not too frustrated to try it with another patch version ;-)

Best regards
Thorsten

--

Thorsten Kahler